Filipe Ferreira initially was a certified coach and independent consultant. Then he has been working in higher education for the last 18 years. He is currently the Internal and Digital Manager at Université Grenoble Alpes, working on content management and social media, as well as events project management and audiovisual creations. He holds two Masters degrees, in Communication and Economy management.
Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) was created in 2016, out of the fusion of three universities. We then had no identity, no visuals, and no clear set of values to work upon. Our communities were those of the three “old” universities, with no real bond between them. The new Communication Department had to create its own tools and methods to talk to its students and staff, and to create a common identity, based on shared values.
The workshop is based on a method developed in the Communication Department at the UGA, structured around four steps which help participants to progressively build a new project for their own universities. Each step will consist of a few practical exercises and an audio-visual showcase of projects carried out by the University.
It will focus on:
- How to find, test and grow the perfect idea that will engage your communities
- How to involve those communities in developing the university brand…
- ….and the close collaboration between HR and Communications that this requires
- The tricks and tips to make your students, teachers, researchers and administrative staff "fall in love" with your brand and feel that they belong to "something common"
- The lessons we’ve learned at UGA, but also the pitfalls to watch out for
- How has the UGA brand evolved, and how did the local brands interact with it
The second part of the workshop will be interactive, encouraging participants to discuss and share their own best practices.